Sunday, September 28, 2014

Controlling: Unreliable Narrator


It was my first time using a dating website. We were going to meet at a restaurant downtown where I have never been. When I entered the building, I was disgusted. The lights were way to close to the tables, the flowers on the table were dead, and the spices on the table were not arranged in alphabetical order. I could already tell this date was not going to go well.

When he arrived I was freaking out. He looked like a slob! His shirt was not tucked in and his tie was way too long. I was about ready to get up and leave but I figured I might as well give this guy a chance. He was running out of chances though. His breath. Oh my god his breath made me want to puke. It was like the smell of a rotten egg sitting in the hot sun on a hot summer day. There were so many things that bothered me about him, but I’ll just continue on with how our date went. First we ordered, and he got a hamburger, which implies he is a messy and very casual person. I ordered chicken risotto, which implies that I am a very classy and sophisticated person. Then when he started eating, something automatically caught my attention, the sloppiness of his eating habits. It disgusts me, he had his elbows on the table, chewed with his mouth open, and barely even stopped in between bites to breath. After he finally finished eating, I told him all the things that annoyed me about him like I always tell my dates because I like being honest. For the first time ever, he didn’t leave right after I told him all this! Usually, after I be completely honest with my date they storm out like a child and never speak to me again. This one act of kindness completely changed my perspective of him. This could actually work if he just changed some of those obnoxious habits.

After our first date he started texting me. Hi, he said. Oh my gosh, no one has ever put in an effort to continue talking to me after we first meet. They usually say that I am obnoxious, or they just run away. After this moment I knew that it was true love, it was meant to be, it was destiny. I might as well go get my engagement ring now so I get exactly what I want. When he proposes, it will be so romantic! It will be on the beach in Florida while the sun is setting and he will get on one knee and say, will you marry me? Then I will say yes obviously, unless I don’t like his outfit, that would be a total deal breaker!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment