Wednesday, September 10, 2014

RAFT Story


 

            I wake up in the morning looking forward to only one thing. I get out of bed, grab a piece of bread, and walk over to the cage. In this cage, lives my only real friends. The only people who accept me for who I am. They don’t even have legs, but wings and beaks. My pets will always be there for me, even if I’m not there for them because I’m at my job. Work, on the other hand is something I most definitely do not enjoy. I enjoy work just as much as a fish enjoys being out of water. I spend my day serving battered and fried food to people who either don’t know how bad it is for you, or are extremely overweight and certainly don’t care. I have worked here for over fifty years and have not had a day where I actually enjoyed it. I have always regretted working here because people stereotype me and just assume that I’m extremely stupid, was a high school dropout, and I get awful pay. Only one of those things is true though; I get an awful pay. Ever since I started working here my pay has always become significantly smaller each week. Also, the only food I can afford is from where I work because I get a discount, but it is very unhealthy and made me gain thirty pounds just this summer. Speaking of gaining weight, the manager of the store is unquestionably hefty! He has always made my job miserable. He makes me mop the floors at night, even though that’s not my job, work extra shifts, and clean the toilets which is the worst job of all. I am practically his slave. Ever since I started working here, he has made every single day agonizing, and nothing I can do can change that because he is the manager of the store. Going to work every day feels like I’m in a prison, and if I didn’t need the money so bad, I would have quit a long time ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment