Friday, September 19, 2014

Lost: A Short Short Story (Test)

   
I woke up on a cold, hard, cement floor, my head rushing with thoughts from the night before, hurting so much I could barely think, no memory of what happened...except for my name, which must have something to do with the huge, throbbing wound on my head, it was covered with dry blood, I abandon my thoughts and focused on the creaking stairs, a shadow of a tall, skinny man approaching me made my heart rate speed up, I was scared, I was alone in an unfamiliar place, the shadow, a total facade of the real person, this mysterious man...short, fat and… his face… I have definitely seen his face before, I remember from last night, he said to me in a deep low voice, How’s your head? I did not expect this kind of response, him approaching me in the dark was now a vague memory, I thought he must have been a bad guy, he seemed overly concerned, I responded, Good, I guess, I sounded vulnerable, scared, and confused, I was all of these things, he explained to me how he found me, I was lying there, on the side of the road, unconscious, a trail of blood leading down my head, he took me here, cleaned my head, let me rest, my head started spinning with thoughts, what happened to me? who was this guy?  who would want to hurt me this way? why would they want to hurt me? what did I do to them? why didn’t he just call the police? and if he was trying to help me why would he leave me in this cold, moldy, basement? another thing, if this stranger cleaned my head, why was I still covered in blood! nowhere in my mind could I find an explanation, like any normal, curious person, I asked, what the heck happened to me? he already told me everything he knew, he sounded unsure, I didn’t believe him at all...something was happening... my memories were unfolding in my head, remembering what truly happened last night, like a movie playing out in my head with my memory, it began with me walking through a neighborhood at night, I was looking for something, or someone… I was looking for my phone after a party... I came across someone, maybe a jogger, with the same face as the mysterious man, we casually passed each other, I turned around, curious as to who he was, I saw a shovel swinging towards my head and, bang! I fell to the ground, still not understanding the motive, I thought, why? who was this person? then it came to me, he was on the news, wanted revenge against America, some weird thing I thought was fake and would never happen here, I abandon my thoughts, focused on the real world, I heard a noise coming from behind, it sounded like a gun being loaded, I turned around and saw...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment