Saturday, October 18, 2014

Short Fiction


Hailey is always acting like this. She is always taking my stuff. Ever since we could talk, she would pretend to be me to get what she wanted. Her strategy was flawless, use the puppy dog eyes and a pouty lip, even though that’s my thing. Now that we are older though, it is harder for her to pull off this scheme, but she always finds a way. This time thought, it just went too far.

    It was a Friday afternoon at school. As usual, everyone was dying to go home, but me, not so much. I heard rumors that this guy, Tim, was going to ask me out on a date. Tim was the kind of guy that every girl wanted to date and every guy wanted to be, and he wanted me! I was at my locker at the end of the day, like I always am, and he walked up to me. This was actually happening, it was actually happening. He planned for us to go to an extremely fancy dinner this Saturday. I was ecstatic!

    I was so ready. Saturday evening seemed light years away, but it was really only like a couple hours away. I was all ready and chilling on the couch, but then she came in the room. Hailey. I knew this wasn’t going to be good. You know this should be me! You know I have always liked Tim since the day we met! You can’t just take that away from me! UGH! You’re so selfish! She has to stop acting this way. I am not letting Hailey control my life anymore. Only I can control what happens in my life, I told Hailey this and, of course, she was enraged. Things could only go downhill from there and I knew from her face that I was standing on thin ice. I knew exactly what she was going to do. I was about ready to leave when she called me into our room. She needed “fashion advice” for who-knows-what because she never goes out anywhere. She had a plaid skirt on with a striped shirt. I honestly don’t know what she was thinking so I helped her out, like the nice sister I am. I dug through her closet to find something more acceptable when the door closed behind me and I heard a click.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I had to do it. She is so spoiled just because she was the youngest (by only 19 minutes I might add). She always gets what she wants it is so unfair. I do remember when I was younger, trying to take all of her stuff so she could know how it felt. Now that I am older though, I realized I was being selfish and should just be happy for what I have, but this just crossed the line. Never has she taken something from me, never has she been unfair to me! And don’t say Life in unfair, because I really do not want to hear it right now. I had to do something and I just panicked at the last minute. Kaleigh was basically rubbing it in that she was going on a date with Tim. I couldn’t take it anymore. Oh my god I can’t believe Tim asked me out! He actually asked me out! Sometimes it baffles me how inconsiderate she could be, but then again, I am also being inconsiderate by not thinking of Kaleigh’s feelings. Whatever. I had to do this

Now that Kaleigh isn’t getting to her date, I had a feeling I was going to regret what I was going to do. I went into Kaleigh’s and my room, and began looking through her dresser, of course not her closet because that’s where she was locked. I tried to remember what she was wearing, so you wouldn’t notice anything different. I thought it was a dark blue pair of jeans and maybe a navy blue shirt. Or was it black? I didn’t remember. I just decided to go with a white shirt. Then, I just had to act like her and that wasn’t hard, I just had to say stuff like Oh my gosh, no way girlfriend! and check my makeup every minute or so. I knew I could do it. I was going on a date with the one and only Tim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t check my makeup every minute, but whatever. She can think what she wants to. I knew exactly what she was going to do. She was going to dress up like me and go on my date. I was not letting that happen. Hailey thinks that if she doesn’t have something she can just take it from someone else, but not this time. I was going on that date and no one was going to stop me. I had to get out of that stupid, small closet, but the good thing is, I found that sweater I was looking for! So anyways, the first thing I did was try and open the door, but it was locked. I was going to knock down the door. I used all my strength and kicked the door with my left foot. It didn’t even budge. That was my time to shine, I had to take all of my anger out on this stupid door. I had to focus on the door, focus on the door. I hit it one more time, even harder, and it sort of moved, but not enough. I thought it was useless, it was literally useless, but I had tried again. That door was pissing me off and I could not even stand it anymore. I had to knock it down. I readied myself and took a step back, before I was stopped by all of the clothes, and then I kicked with my right foot and punched with both my hands. The door finally split down the middle. I tore it down with all my might and imagined it was my enemy, Rachel, ugh I hate that girl, but anyways, I was out and on my way to that restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was almost at the restaurant, my heart was pounding. I could feel the guilt building up in my chest. I knew there was no going back. I was there. I knew I had to do it. I was walking in the doors. I saw him. I saw the person I dreamed about being with for my entire life. At that point, Kaleigh had completely slipped my mind. We made eye contact and it was like sparks where flying. Then she walked in the room. Kaleigh. She was right behind me. She pinned me to a table holding my hands down and was stepping on my feet. There was nothing I could do. But I knew that was not the kind of spirit I should have at that moment. I slammed my knees into hers, forcing her to retreat back. I knew Kaleigh could not be stopped that easily though. She charged like a ram at me and practically would have tackled me to the ground, if it weren’t for Tim. He finally realized what was going on. He stepped in front of Kaleigh before she could reach me, so instead, she tackled Tim. She still found a way to flirt though, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry Tim, but I never realized how pretty your eyes are! I said as I was getting up which isn’t flirting, I was complementing his eyes. But Hailey must have somehow known he would do that so I could make a fool of myself. She is so obnoxious. Now Tim was trying to but in, saying stuff like No don’t do this to your sister, she could join us if she wanted to. No Tim she cannot join, she is just selfish, jealous, and needs to know when to grow up! Then Hailey stormed out of the restaurant and grabbed a piece of cake on her way out. As I thought she was leaving, she turned around and threw it in my face. At that point, I was about as mad as when they canceled The Lying Game, so I picked up my phone and called you. That is why you should punish her mom, because she is a jealous, selfish, childish, and aggressive person.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment